There is no standard application form to be used in presenting a request to the Schumann Fund for New Jersey, but organizations may use the New York/New Jersey Common Application Form if they choose. We ask that a written proposal be submitted which includes a clear description of the purpose of the grant, the need or problem that will be addressed, the work to be undertaken, the staffing plan for project implementation, any collaborative efforts underway or contemplated, and the means of evaluating progress.
The proposal must include the following items:
- A copy of the organizations most recent audited financial statement
- Current organizational and project budgets identifying all sources of revenue and categories and amounts of expenditures
- Brief resumes of key organization and project staff
- The project time frame and projected sources of future funding
- A list of the organization’s board of directors
- Internal Revenue Service documents confirming the organization’s status as a 501(c)3 organization
The Schumann Fund Board of Trustees meets quarterly: March, June, September, and December. Applications should be submitted by the following deadlines: January 15, April 15, July 15 or October 15. Action on proposals may be deferred to a later quarter. The Board of Trustees will notify organizations promptly as to the status of all requests.
Submitting Your Application
Complete applications should be emailed to email@example.com .